Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Rant

Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Just a head's up!
Yeah, I am loving MySpace....however, I get on this space today and find my "rights" are being infringed by the possible overturning of Roe VS. Wade. hmmmm...ad for planned parent hood. Yeah, I could probably pay to have ads removed, or I could use this fodder they so amply supplied, and blog about it.
I am no one's judge or jury and I only have to answer for myself in the end, however this planet I live on, is so overwhelmingly inconsistent, in it's rules, morals, judgments and thoughts, that it leaves a person completely befuddled. On the one hand, I am told that taking a human life is wrong, a sin even. On the other hand, it is allowable, by law even, to end a life in utero. Some even argue, that this life can and should be allowed to be taken in utero, up till the last trimester, as long as you kill it while it is still unborn. Oh, I could go on, but it has been discussed ad nauseum. However, in my warped little brain, this opens the flood gates to the inconsistencies we live by.
For instance, you remember the lady (yes, I know her name) who drove her children into the lake? Now, in my convoluted mind, I say that based on the consensus of a woman's "right to choose", wasn't she just exercising that right, delayed? That's absurd, you say! Things, like that can drive a person plumb mad, if you spend more than a second thinking about it (which, I try not to do, or you get my rant of the day, like this one).
Go a step further...why is it legal to drink, but not do other drugs? Why is it legal to drive to a bar, but not drive away drunk? Why is it legal to drink coffee, jolt, cola's and energy drinks, but not take other stimulants? Why do we quote the constitution as saying there is a separation of church and state, when it isn't even in there? Why do we think homosexuality is "the sin of all sin's", but lie, or cuss, or steal and think nothing of it? Sin is sin, there are no levels or degrees.
Why do we speak in the most beautiful of tongues, sing in the most beautiful of voices and hate our brother? Why do we believe our church is right, and all others are wrong? Why do we ask on all documents, all these years later, what race a person is? Would American and Non-American suffice by now? Why do we even ask sex? For one, it is usually (not always!) obvious, but does the answer to the question serve a purpose? Anything he can do, I can do better, comes to mind....
Why, can we euthanize a suffering pet, but not our suffering loved ones? (Oh, a dichotomy, a paradigm even of the afore mentioned abortion right ?!)
Why do we look down on those who are addicted to alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, and shake our heads in pity, all the while ordering an extra order of Fries to eat on the drive home?
Oh, I could go one forever, but I am now saying why do I as opposed to why do we and the introspection has depressed me beyond measure. Those fries I mentioned sounded good though didn't they?

No comments: