Saturday, March 22, 2008

The New Arthritis Breakthough!

I am still slowly reading Henry Scammell's book The New Arthritis Breakthrough. I say slowly because fatigue zaps my ability to focus. I love this book, and it irritates me to no end to try and read the same sentence, over and over, because my mind is in such a fog. However, chapters 5 &6 blew me and my husband away. It wasn't that our story was identical, but the testimonial there is so familiar. I would manage to work my full day, but by the time I was home, my husband would have to get me out of the car. It was so frustrating. I was a young woman in 1999, yet the 30 minute ride home would prove eventually to be too much. From migraines that became so bad I kept a large coffee cup in the front seat, so I could throw up on the drive home, to fatigue that would be so strong I literally had to fight to stay awake. Several times I'd doze a little only to awaken to the sound of loose gravel. It was so scary. Then getting home, to find my body had frozen in an old lady stiffness. I didn't have the strength to lift my legs, much less my body out of the car. My husband would come and help me to bed, where I would eat dinner and soon be asleep. It was frustrating to my husband, but worse for me was my thoughts of how awful it must be for my kids to see, and watch me cry in pain. Or to hear them ask Teddy, my husband, why I was always in bed.
I think reading the testimonial really helped me to believe I am on the right track! She now has rare flares and has her life back. She can go shopping without it being the end of her day. I look for that day! I hope my sister gets on this protocol soon. She calls me on her way home, talking helps keep her awake. She is exactly where I was when I became disabled.
It is hard to watch, because if this protocol isn't the answer I believe it to be, she will go through all that I have, and I don't wish it on my worst enemy, much less my best friend! I pray this is the answer for us both. She has Lupus and this AP is also doing wonders for those with Lupus, RA, Scleroderma and Fibromyalgia and more. Again, if you find yourself losing hope, go buy this book and visit the Road Back Foundation! It isn't a fast turn around, so why wait? Grab the brass ring and run with it...I'll meet you at the finish line!

No comments: